A wine country wedding is always a unique and beautiful affair. There are a million photo ops among the vines, the setting is simply fantastic, and of course the wine you serve will be superb. But what can you do to make your wedding even more unique? Here are a few fun ideas:
1. Have your guests sign a wine bottle. With metallic sharpies and other permanent markers, it’s pretty simple to use a wine bottle as an alternative guest book – or as an accompaniment to your guest book.
2. Choose local. This may not be a destination wedding for you. Perhaps you live in the breathtaking beauty that is Oregon wine country. However, your guests are probably not all locals. Finding fun and appropriate gifts or accents for your wedding that really speak to the place can help you stand out. You can pair local cheeses or fruits with the wine you serve, provide local jam or candies as your gift to your guests, or ask your florist to create bouquets and center pieces with local flowers.
3. Take advantage of your landscape. Wine country has a very specific feel. There are farming and earthy elements to play with as well as the class people naturally associate with wine itself. Play off of this with the decorations you use throughout your wedding. Incorporate wine barrels, wine bottles, wine glasses, and/or wine corks into your wedding decorations.
4. Add a little extra wine to your ceremony or the celebration afterwards. A couple of ideas are:
- You and your partner can pour wine from two decanters into one glass and drink from the glass.
- Another idea is: You and your partner can write love letters, add them to a box carrying a bottle of wine that will age well and pledge to open the box, read the letters and drink the wine in a set amount of years. We have a friend who did this and one of her guests built the box for her and her husband. The letters and wine are waiting for their 10 year anniversary.
5. Remember that it’s a celebration! Many brides get mired down in the details of their wedding. While this is completely understandable, remember this is a celebration of your love. Be sure to inject your own personality into your wedding and make it uniquely you.
Oregon wine country is one of the most beautiful places to have a wedding – and Youngberg Hill is particularly gorgeous because we have amazing views along with our vineyard. Take advantage of the natural beauty surrounding your wedding and infuse it with your joy. Cheers to you and your partner!